Monday, October 27, 2014

Canadian journalist in Japan tests negative for Ebola

Canadian journalist in Japan tests negative for Ebola

I suppose it was inevitable the story would include Japan.  I don't think of Japan as a big tourist destination.  It's far, it's pricey.  But journalists are well-traveled, and the Ebola outbreak in West Africa is the big news story of the moment.  So I'm not surprised the first Ebola-related incident in Japan involves a journalist.  It was either going to be a journalist or someone working in medicine.  I  wish him all the best on a simple human level, not because I'm afraid Ebola will spread in Japan.  His chances of having Ebola are very slim, but the fear-mongering and confused response has not been our finest hour as people on this planet.

No comments: