Sunday, October 26, 2014

Cabinet OKs changes to law that bans late-night dancing

Cabinet OKs changes to law that bans late-night dancing

A 66 year old law, huh?  If this article has its facts straight, the anti-dancing crackdown has been going on for longer than I thought.  Not 66 years, but four.  I had this vague idea it started a year or two ago.  I remember dancing well past midnight in Hamamatsu and in Tokyo, but I'd long since given it up when the police dropped the hammer in the wake of the Osaka stabbing.  Well, 66 years or 4, it's time to let the people dance all night again.  Even if I won't be joining them.

Bad back and knees.

My favorite line from the story is this one:  "[P]roprietors were charged with the crime of making people dance."  Making people dance.  They must have brought some serious funk if such is the case.

No comments: