Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I'm sick of this shit: Visually impaired school girl kicked from behind in Saitama

Visually impaired school girl kicked from behind in Saitama

I'm furious about this, but I'm not going to claim abuse against the visually impaired is some kind of trend here or that it's widespread.  However, this is the second such incident I've read about in the past few weeks so it's on my mind.  August ended with the story of some completely worthless asshole stabbing a guide dog.  And my thinking is this:  even one assault would be too many and now we've had two.  The news article I'm linking to here mentions a few other things that happen to the visually impaired.  Bicycles left on the yellow Braille paths.  Bumping into people.  Hitting them with shopping bags.

People who do these things sicken me.  I hesitate even to call them people, but if we're honest about it, all the bad crap that happens on this planet happens because of human beings.  Volcanoes are blameless, as are mountain lions and grizzly bears.  What they do is beyond notions of right and wrong.  Humans, however, make such distinctions in our behaviors.  We are supposed to have consciences.

And I can't help but notice the two most egregious assaults both occurred in Saitama.  I ask the people of Saitama, "What the hell?  Do you like this kind of stuff?  Is this the way the people of Saitama treat their fellow Japanese?"

I'd like to believe you don't.  I'd love to see all the decent people of Saitama getting on the ball and making it known this is not acceptable behavior there or anywhere.  Be like the guy who offered a 1 million yen reward in the guide dog case, who is a living monument to the best in human behavior and a hero to me at the moment.  Start a citizen's movement.  Saitama Supports Civility for All.  Except for the people who attack the visually impaired or their guide dogs.  Whatever happens to those people is too good for them.

Or if not, then to hell with you, Saitama.

No comments: