Friday, September 19, 2014

Are women Japan’s saviours?

Are women Japan’s saviours?

I think so, but probably not in the way the old men of the LDP think they will be.  I'd love to see women here say, "You know what?  This is stupid.  I refuse to participate in a system that benefits people (i.e., the men in the LDP and their male business cronies) at the top and no one at the bottom and precious few in the middle.  And seems expressly designed to wreck women specifically."  I'd love for them to, as a group, exercise their power to fix some major systemic problems rather than participating in them and exacerbating them.  But that is not going to happen.  Working endless hours is a virtue.

Anyway, my ranting response aside, read the article I'm linking here.  It sums up what's happening and you'll quickly grasp the inherent stupidity in this scheme that's supposed to fix things.

No comments: