Sunday, June 15, 2014

Samurai Vader: A historical take on a favorite from a galaxy far, far away

Samurai Vader: A historical take on a favorite from a galaxy far, far away

Well, I think Samurai Vader looks pretty darned good.  And it's appropriate when you consider how Ralph McQuarrie added a samurai helmet to his original designs as suggested by George Lucas (a big Akira Kurosawa fan I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest) and came up with the villain the world came to know and love.  This takes ol' Anakin Skywalker-- that's Darth Vader to you and me, Russ-- back to his roots. 

Usually I try to ignore Star Wars stuff because the web is choked with it.  It's well past the saturation point.  Actually, that was probably reached about the time Chad Vader hit the scene and well before that "Vader kid" TV commercial.  And trust me, I've got nothing but respect for the Chad Vader guys.  That's funny stuff.  But adding Star Wars to this, that and the other is the Internet crowd's favorite pastime, way ahead of even masturbation.

Okay, so masturbation is still in the lead.  Masturbation and Star Wars-themed masturbation.  But you get the idea.  But as soon as I saw Samurai Vader, I fell in love all over again.  Looking good!

No comments: