Monday, August 10, 2009

And Tsuchiya Anna Is Quite Beautiful With an Interesting Take on Life...

She seems to be a little crazy, but in a good way. But take that statement with a grain of salt, because I know absolutely nothing about her other than I've sometimes seen her striking, very dramatic countenance gazing out with intensity and charisma from various book or magazine covers. I really wanted to see her movie Sakuran simply because she looked so interesting in the promotional material.



But I didn't for reasons that remain a mystery even to myself. It looks like the anti-Sayuri. A film like this would be a career-maker in the US. But I suppose she already has a career, so instead it's just one more highlight. Not to take anything away from Nakashima Mika, who was certainly pefectly cast and did a fine job, but doesn't it seem Tsuchiya Anna was born to play Nana?

No comments: