Thursday, April 1, 2010

Melt-Banana at Earthdom in Shin-Okubo



I went looking on YouTube for some video of the MxBx show I attended at Earthdom in Tokyo's Shin-Okubo section, but found this instead. I'm not sure when it occured, but I do know from Yasuko's clothing it isn't the show I went to. I don't think I've ever seen her wearing anything other than her white hoodie.

Judging from this video and the show I was at, Melt-Banana's Earthdom gigs are insane. I was there September 30, 2007 (has it really been almost three years?), and bodies packed the venue. The action in front of the stage was insane. I tried to take photos, but even near the back people jostled my arms and pounded my body. I came away hobbled, suffering from intense back pain, leaning on my umbrella like sick old man.

My advice is, if you're young and energetic and ever in Tokyo with the chance to see Melt-Banana live, try to go to a show at Earthdom. If you're an oldster like me, with a body ravaged by years of chemical abuse, then catch Melt-Banana at Shibuya O-Nest.

No comments: