Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fourth Annual October is Spookey Month: Baskin-Robbins' Halloween flavors hit Japan again!


I grew up eating "ice milk," which is the pre-1980s name for what we now call low-fat ice cream.  That's why any trip to my hometown's Baskin-Robbins was a major treat.  Fatty ice cream is more delicious than any other kind.

Hamamatsu has at least 4 Baskin-Robbins stores, or, as they're known here in Japan, just "Thirty-One."  One not far from my old apartment in Sanaru-dai, one each in the two major malls in the suburbs and a central location right downtown in Zaza City, where it is now officially Halloween.

I can't read very many Japanese characters, so I'm not sure what those flavors are, but they're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky.  They're all together ooky.  An ice cream Halloween!

No comments: